A Backend developer is a programmer who works on the server side, making that what the consumer sees in an application or website work. He is the one who works behind the scenes, pulling the strings so that everything turns out well.
In addition to programming languages, the Backend needs to know the interactions with different databases. Knowing the differences and characteristics of the most used will provide them with a very useful baggage for the day to day.
What do they do:
- Analyze business needs and offer new solutions.
- Design architectural solutions.
- Design and develop components and services.
- Design, create, and modify databases.
- Implementation and configuration of components.
- Test the performance and security of the developed systems.
- Create and run development tests.
Knowledge or skills
- Cloud systems architecture.
- Knowledge and mastery of different programming languages.
- Configuration and implementation of development frameworks.
- Configuration of applications for servers.
- Web technologies.
- Database management.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Software testing.
- Patterns and good practices for software design.